Make a Field Read Only After Form Submission

• 16 August 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

I am currently building a form for the company I work for. The form is used in a request system. Someone that wants a project done can fill out this form, it then goes to the manager/leadership team for review and then on through my workflow. The problem I am currently having is this; I have a repeating section on my form for notes that the employee can input into a text box and be read later by the next person in the workflow. When the form is received by the next person, the prior notes put into the notes field need to be read only and not editable any longer. How is this done? I have tried setting rules but it did not help.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Cody Allison

2 replies

Badge +4

Cody,

I am sure there are multiple ways to do this, but hereĀ  is a quick top-of-my-head thought.

I do not know why you are using a repeating section for comments, but if instead of the repeating section you could use an out of box SharePoint column called "Append-Only Comments" (or you can make your own column that appends text). That way all the comments entered into this box become read only, with every save. See picture below.

189552_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +3

Thank you for the advice! I went ahead and did it that way. Thank you for your help!