Error Updating Sharepoint 2010 People Picker from Nintex Workflow

Badge +2

I am trying to get a Nintex Workflow 2010 Standard (Version: 2.4.9.0) to update a Person or Group field in a Sharepoint 2010 list and I am getting the error shown below:

The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require a different type of information.

The value shown in the field is Work e-mail and the workflow is attempting to update that field with a Single line of text variable that contains the person's email from LDAP. I don't understand what the error is. Any help would be appreciated.

205468_pastedImage_3.png

5 replies

Badge +9

Hi Jeff Vojtko‌,

Can you put workflow variable 'NoEmail' in a log in history action and run the workflow and see whether it is returning the email value correctly or not?. And also change the 'eAuthEmail' to 'Name' property and test it.

Thanks,

Lakshmi Narayana C

Badge +2

Hello,

I inserted a Log in History action and nothing gets logged. Even though I put that same variable into an email to myself and I get that email with the user's email address in the body. What I am doing is looking up user email addresses from LDAP ((&(sAMAccountName={WorkflowVariable:eLanID})) to return the mail flag) using their UserID. So, the output of that lookup I am putting in the NoEmail field is the users email address. I wonder if I need to convert that value to a string prior to attempting to put it into the Person/Group field in Sharepoint. The Person/Group column setting in Sharepoint is set to display email address. That is why I thought that should be what the value passed by workflow should be. Also, I do not have a option strictly called 'Name' unless of course that would be Display Name.

205515_pastedImage_3.png

Jeff

Badge +9

Hi Jeff Vojtko‌,

Did you fix it.?

205658_pastedImage_4.png205656_pastedImage_2.png 

205659_pastedImage_5.png

List column updated as

205657_pastedImage_3.png

Thanks,

Lakshmi C

Badge +9

did you get the answer?

Badge +2

Yes. Sorry for the delay. In this case I used an Update Multiple items action and it started working to populate a people lookup using a text string.