cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nintex Newbie

Repeating Sections and Document Generation

Hi Everyone,

I am fairly new to Nintex and am attempting to create workflows for an employment application process that we intend to demo to a potential client. In the form, I use repeating sections for data related to employment, education, etc. What I am ultimately attempting to do is populate the information from the repeating sections into table format using the DocGen action. I understand repeating sections are collections in NWC and I can loop through the collection, but I still have no way of using this when placing tags in my template. I have also tried using the Create a text string action to at least get the information from the repeating section into a text variable, but am not sure how I create a new line in the action. Any help is appreciated!

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Repeating Sections and Document Generation

Hello,

Currently the repeating sections for NWC is a very new feature, We are working on releasing the document generation support for NWC Objects (which includes repeating section data) however we weren't able to release that capability yet. 

@EuanGamble Euan are you able to advise? 

0 Kudos
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

@Jake Let me check who can assist with this.

0 Kudos
Nintex Newbie

@Jake I appreciate the info. Is there an approximate timeline on the release of this functionality?

@EuanGamble Thank you for looking into this!

0 Kudos
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Hi @CTCFL,

I believe there was a hotfix deployed to address this issue. Can you please confirm if this now works?

Thanks,

Euan

0 Kudos