cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Public Form URL variables

Has anyone played around with passing variables through the URL for a public web form?  I've tried a few different approaches but not quite sure its built to handle that. 

Use case is to create a public web form for a quote and hide that behind a link. When the user clicks on the link, it will pass that specified information from the link to the form.

Eric 

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Public Form URL variables

Hi Eric, when you say "pass that specified information from the link to the form", what is the expectation of the form if the passing does happen? Are you referring to pre-populating the form fields with default values?

0 Kudos
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Josh. 

Yes, guess I should have been more specific. I want to have the following happen.  I would embed a link such as click this link to signup for the event.  The link would have preset parameters from the browser session or variable data such as www.example.workflowcloud.com/form/random_goodness?name=username&marketo=campaign&event=meetup

This would populate fields on the Public web form automatically 

name

marketo

event

jason_spangler
Nintex Newbie

Any traction on this?  I'm now looking for the same functionality.

Thanks-

Jason

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Eric Harris‌, Were you able to find resolution to your query? I guess Jason Spangler‌ and I have same question.

0 Kudos
jmahedy
Nintex Newbie

I'd also like to understand if anyone solved this.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Hi all,

We have completed development of our new formula builder but it still requires the ability to bind the formula to the default value of a control which we are working on at the moment. Once this feature is complete, you will be able to pass a query string value from the URL to a control.

Cheers,

Euan

0 Kudos
thongtin24h
Nintex Newbie

Thank you so much, i do it

oranbartal
Nintex Newbie

Any chance that this was released, has a released date, or some kind of an alternative?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Hi Oran Bar-Tal‌,

We are close to release - most likely February.

Cheers,

Euan

0 Kudos