Allow user to start site workflow only once.

Badge +1

Hi,

I am using nintex site workflow to  create item into a SP list . When user clicks on Start button, it initiate the workflow.

My requirement is , if user has created the items into the list , they should not be able to click the button or button should be disabled after site workflow started.

I followed the steps mentioned at Nintex Forms - Starting a Workflow and Waiting - Vadim Tabakman , however as soon as start workflow form loads , the start button is re-enabled.

Any other way to achieve it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Azra

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi ‌,

If I'm not mistaken there is no direct way to do this. Maybe the following workaround would do for you:

• Create a simple list with a Person column to keep track of the users who already started the site workflow.
  • Have the workflow check if the current user's name is in this list.
  • If it does, you could email the user and end the workflow. Here you also could use a Nintex Form when starting the workflow which does the check and hide or show the Start workflow button....
  • If not, add the user to the list and complete the remainder of the workflow.

I used the option with the workflow start Nintex Form to inform users not in a specific SharePoint group that they are not allowed to start the workflow. They only see the Cancel button, while authorized users also see the Start button.

Badge +1

Thanks Jean, it did the trick.

I created a list to track user starting the workflow, and customised same list's form to use it as "Start workflow" form.

then on my custom page , I inserted Nintex form ( new mode) , and that's it.

Every time, workflow is started it inserts the username into the list, and on form if user name already exists in the list , start workflow button is disabled.

Thank you so much for your help!

Regards,

Azra

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

You're welcome ‌,

It's my pleasure to have been of help to you.

Kind regards,

Jean-Pierre