Solved

NWC and Sharepoint on prem

• 16 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +11

I'm new to NWC , I was wondering if there is any way to pass values from NWC to Sharepoint on-prem, My specific case scenario is to have users scan barcodes for Employee's IDs and Training Course names and then have the workflow query a list to retrieve Employee and training  details according to the barcodes in order to create Training records.

icon

Best answer by butlerj 16 June 2020, 16:40

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

@Nunezma while there are a couple ways to pass data back to SharePoint on-prem, unfortunately neither are extremely straight forward. 

The first is using the SharePoint on-prem Xtension that is available in the Nintex Gallery, and interacts with the External Start functionality of Nintex for SharePoint on-prem. However this solution does require you hosting your own Azure Function that will do the HMAC authentication, so it can be a little tricky if you're not a developer.

The second solution would be if you have access to RPA as part of your Nintex subscription, and choose to use Nintex Gateway to pass data from NWC down to your RPA bot, which can then update the data into SharePoint on-prem for you. 

Direct on-prem integration is something that is being worked on as part of expanding the feature set of Nintex Gateway, however I do not know what the timeline is for that integration being released.