Solved

NWC Start form user context and data lookup control

• 21 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

With nintex workflow cloud start forms I've been testing with the new data lookup control and seem to be missing something.

I have an authenticated NWC start form.

I want to take the email address of the authenticated form user context to pass in as a filter parameter.

My data source I'm testing with is Azure AD - query user

Trying a couple of different ways.

When I try to create a variable and set the value there is a context tab but nothing listed. (There are also Functions and Form tabs)

I've also tried with an Email control and Text - Short control to set the default value. It shows a context tab but no items listed on the context tab to select from.

Any ideas?

Do other see anything on the context tabs in their tennacies?

@robbiemunro Could you shed some light on this one?

icon

Best answer by EuanGamble 23 April 2020, 02:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Gavin-Adams,

Currently, we do not have user context details in the Start Form, yet. We are working on this in a future piece of work. The context tab is more useful at the moment when you are building a Task Form in NWC as it will show your 'Start event variables' which does include some of the user context details.

Cheers,

Euan

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Thanks @EuanGamble 

That makes sense why I wasn't seeing anything.

Very keen to see the user context for authenticated users on the start form particularly to use with the data lookup.

We have many solution ideas for use with our school clients that would be dependent on this being available.

Cheers,

Gavin

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Just to generate some more interest on having this developed, I've added it user voice.

https://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/430063-5-nintex-workflow-cloud/suggestions/40294282-user-context-available-in-authenticated-nintex-wor