Remove old versions of a site workflow

• 8 August 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

I'm facing some unusual behaviors from a site workflow which maybe related to it's old instances of workflow and I want to delete them. The unusual behavior is that an "assign to do task" is generated and send twice (Duplication tasks) and when I look at the item history I see some changes are occurred by users which old versions of workflow are published by them. Any idea what is going on for this?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have you checked in site contents >> site workflows whether there are not still running old workflow instances?

do not forget to switch on 'Show all workflows" on the page.

Badge +1

Hi Marian,

Yes actually. It shows that the current version is running but why it behaves so strangely?sad.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

can not it happen that the other workflow is ran from other (sub)site (if you eg. created site from a templete that already included the workflows)?

or perharps from test env?

Badge +16

Have you checked site settings > workflow settings > Remove, Block, or Restore a Workflow 

you should see running instances there?  and be able to remove old ones?

Badge +1

Hi Marian,

As I checked there is no sub site running this site workflow or even a test env but thanks for your suggestion to check 

Badge +1

Hi Cassy,

Thanks.This is the section I have been looking for! I Checked and there was 37 instance running from one old version of workflow. I  hope it solves the problem of sending two task instead one.