cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kim685
Nintex Newbie

I am trying to create a workflow where the assigned to task will be filtered based on the type of task.

I am trying to create a workflow where the assigned to task will be filtered based on the type of task. I created a filter where it will run if Building 15 is selected it will run. There are 4 subcategories such as visitor, access, work order, etc. that have specific people that will handle the task. So if visitor is selected it will be assigned to the appropriate person.

I tried the state machine and parallel workflow since it has several branches to separate the tasks. Can you please assist me with this?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: I am trying to create a workflow where the assigned to task will be filtered based on the type o

The easiest thought is to have the value just pass through for the assignee unless the message and task is different.

If you are just assigning a task, you can create a brach by value and set the Assignee Variable to whichever person matches the value needed such as visitor. assignatask.JPG

Again this is assuming the task itself is the same and you need to just send it to a different person. If the task is different, then having a different task is required and you could use a "run if" or "branch by condition" to filter and choose the correct task and person based on the selection.

0 Kudos