How can I remove workflow notification banner conditionally

• 7 December 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I have a approval workflow for news that is being sent to employees.  Once the news is approved the workflow sends the email to all relevant employees and the send notification action has the news template.  The body of the list item fills in the news information.  The only problem is that the send notification action also included the default workflow notification banner.

We do want the workflow notification to appear on most other actions so we only need to disable on this one action.  Is there any way to accomplish this?  I am thinking of creating a workflow in a different site just to modify the banner there and use the nintex web service to start that workflow, but that seems like a lot of extra effort.

Open to any other suggestions.

Thanks

Jeff A Fisher

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

It can be done adding a <style> section on your email hiding the banner.

If you send me a sample email to fhunth@hotmail.com, I can help you with that.

Badge +1

This worked for my external email account, but within outlook and gmail both seem to ignore it or not process it correctly. The banner still shows up in these 2 email apps.

Badge +4

Maybe you can try with an empty nintex notification template but with banner directly into your nintex notification action

Badge +1

Then I have to remember to add the banner on all the others.  This isn't a good solution at all.

Badge +1

I just happened to be looking around for some other settings and found the following setting in Global Settings

Enforce message header and footer    

When this option is enabled, all email notifications will include the configured header and footer. If this option is disabled, workflow designers will have the option to exclude the header and footer on email notifications.

I switched this to No and now any action that sends email has a new checkbox that lets you remove the message header and footer.  This is exactly what I was looking for.  Hope this helps anyone else that might be looking for it.

Jeff Fisher