Request Review Action : Is Decision field required to complete the action?

• 11 August 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

In my workflow the task will be given to Legal personnel for their review only and no need of approval.  I created Request Review action having only comments and did not include "Decision".  On running workflow it task shows pending and does not move to next step.  Is the "Decision" field mandatory for task to complete or is their any other alternative to this action?

Thanks

Sunil

6 replies

Badge +16

The decision is not mandatory no but the pending means that the "request review" task assigned is awaiting completion. so the workflow wont continue until that task is completed, i.e. they have left some comments.

if You don't require Them to do anything then why not just use send notification to email them and your workflow can continue? If comments are required then request review is the right action to use but the workflow will wait for their interaction and comments before continuing.

Sorry for capital letters - this forum does not work well on a mobile device!

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

And as Cassy says, if they are submitting comments, they'll need to click a button to submit those comments which is your trigger for completing the task.

But without a button click to say they have revied the task, then the workflow will never move on. You could rename it if it's merely semantics that stops you from wanting to say Approved.

Badge +6

Hi Cassy and Ryan

Thanks for response.  This issue resolved by setting Save & Submit button and task completed.  The screen shot gives the setting did on Save & submit (OK) button of the form.  However, not sure whether this is the correct way of doing.

189399_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +9

Sunil Tamanekar,

Do you happen to know what value should i put to save and reject? To save and approve i use o for decision.

Badge +6

Hi, 

To save and approve pls put 0 (Zero).

Sunil

Badge +9

The workflow completes but is not saving the changes when i use 0, can you confirm 0 is save and complete? what about 1?