cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saran-Talan
Nintex Newbie

Get email of all members of SharePoint Group from Nintex Workflow Cloud workflow

I need to get email of each member of SharePoint group from NWC so I could email them. Noticed that there are out of the box actions available to add/remove users from SharePoint group though. Please Help. Thanks

Saran-Talan_0-1603412954388.png

Labels: (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
butlerj
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Get email of all members of SharePoint Group from Nintex Workflow Cloud workflow

@Saran-Talan are you actually using a SharePoint permission group, or are you actually using a Microsoft 365 group? There is a way to get members of a Microsoft 365 (or Teams) groups, however getting members from a SharePoint permissions group is a little more challenging.

0 Kudos
Saran-Talan
Nintex Newbie

Re: Get email of all members of SharePoint Group from Nintex Workflow Cloud workflow

Hi @butlerj, Thanks for your reply, I'm using SharePoint permission group. When you saying challenging, does it means that there is no out of the box action/solution to do this please? if so, what would be the custom solution to achieve the same please.

0 Kudos
butlerj
Community Manager

@Saran-Talan Correct there is no "out of the box" action that will do this for you. However you should be able to make a web service call to the SiteGroups API to get members from a group:

_api/Web/SiteGroups/GetByName('SiteName Members')/users

You should also be able to query specific member properties using the query selector on that end point:

_api/Web/SiteGroups/GetByName('SiteName Members')/users?$select=Email

I haven't done this myself in NWC (just O365), but it should be doable. I'll see if I have time today to play around with the web service permissions to get this sorted.

0 Kudos
Saran-Talan
Nintex Newbie

Thanks @butlerj , I'll too try the same using the web service call and would let you know. 

0 Kudos
Akshat_Saxena
Nintex Newbie

Hi @butlerj, I have tried web service call action to get the members of a SharePoint group. However, I have been getting access denied error (screenshot attached). When hitting this request in browser, I am getting the response.

Could you find a way to achieve this?

0 Kudos
butlerj
Community Manager

@Akshat_Saxena are you able to test the request with a tool like Postman? The issue is most likely coming from the type of authentication you have in front of your SharePoint Online environment and you needing to get a Bearer token. If you're already signed into your site via the browser just using the URL will pass through your authentication to the GET request so it's not a perfect test of the end point. 

0 Kudos