Nintex Forms 2016: Upload an Image into a Picture Library and store the URL in a Field

• 27 July 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi Everyone,

Currently, I'm working on a PoC of Nintex Forms 2016 and I need your wisdom.

I have a list with a Form associated, when I create a new item, I want to be able to upload a picture e.g using a button or link labelled ‘Upload Image’ and after clicking the button it opens an upload dialog, allows the user to select the image and uploads it to a different Picture Library and once uploaded the URL of the uploaded file should be stored in one field of the list. I don't want to use attachments for this. 

Is this possible? How can I make it? 

Many thanks,

Ivan

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

It's not a complete solution for you, but I have written a couple of blogs on uploading attachments and moving them into a library so they documents/pictures in a library rather than attachments.

SharePoint On Prem

O365

Whilst I appreciate this does not give you the full solution you were looking for, it may be sufficient given what you're after will require custom code.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you do not provide sufficient details on your requirements, but wouldn't it be easier if based your solution on a library instead of list?

you would then just uploaded a picture, possibly added/edited some metadata and you are done. you wouldn't need to care about complicated copying between list and library.