Timeouts when listing instances of process

Badge +2

Hi

I have managed to accidentally create a infinite loop workflow, thanks to an incorrect value in a line rule. (Yes, insert jokes about N00b error here).

The avtivity that was executing for the past 12 + hours was an IPC Event that was starting a new child workflow every 10 seconds. I think I have millions of little processing trying to execute.

I only realised this grave mistake this afternoon, and stopped the main process, but I get time-outs when I try to load the instances list on the child workflow's process instance list.

Is there any way that I can stop or delete the child items?

Thank you.

Jaco

3 replies

Badge +4

Hi Jaco

You can try the following:

Go to your IIS manager and select on the properties of the Workspace web sites(Web Sites-> Default Web Site-> Workspace[properties]). Then on the Virtual Directory tab open the Configuration window and in the Options tab you will see that there is the "Session Timeout" setting. By default its set to 20minutes. So you can test it by increasing and see then if it takes longer than before you get the time-out. Do a IISReset then try again.  Eventually you will be able to load all the items and select them and then Deleting them from your Process Instance window in Workspace.

What happens here is that it takes a long time to load the massive amount of instances then you get the time-out after 20minutes. So increasing the minutes you will give workspace more time to retrieve the items that it needs.

hth,

Badge +4

Hi Jaco,

I experienced similar problems where about orphaned 1600 process instances are stuck. When I try to list them (and afterwards to delete them) in the K2 Workspace, I get an error stating that a timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool (this error fires approx. 10secs after clicking on find).

The only way I found to stop processes to continue firing is to disable them at the site level: http://k2underground.com/forums/post/24236.aspx

Badge +2

Problem was solved, here is the solution.

DON"T USE THE Web Workspace...

Get the 2003 K2 Management Studio, link to the K2 Blackpearl server, browse to the instances and delete them all...