Form only activating workflow if completed item history is deleted

• 7 November 2017
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +6

I am stumped on a Nintex form that isn't submitting and thus running a workflow. I can complete my form and it returns all of the data in the list view, where the history is stored. However, I am unable to create and submit another new form unless I delete the row of data from a completed workflow.

I have not seen this in any other workflows I have built. They run just as designed. This one just stumps me on why this is occurring. Any thoughts? I have attached a few screen shots for illustration.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Jeremy,

is there any further detail in the SharePoint ULS logs?

Also maybe a column validation like "only allow unique values in this column" prevents another item from being saved to the list. Could you verify column settings?

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +6

Hi Enrico.

Still new to Nintex/SharePoint. Can you point me in the direction to locate either the logs or how to check on the column validation and the column settings?

Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Jeremy,

you will have to get in touch with one of your SharePoint admins to let them check the logs for a specific time frame when you faced the error.

You can check the column validation on your own though. Head for the list in question and open List tab in ribbon and hit List settings.

210447_pastedImage_1.png

There you can find all columns of the list

210448_pastedImage_2.png

Klick on the title of head column and check both settings Enforce unique values and Column validation. Is there any column that has the switch activated or a clumn validation rule defined?

210467_pastedImage_3.png

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +6

Thanks Enrico for the insights.

I did find that I had one column in which I was Enforcing a unique value. Once I changed this back to a No and added a step in my workflow to create this value, the workflow it works like a charm.

Thanks so much for your help!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Great to hear the workflow is working now. Could you mark the answer as correct so others see the topic is solved?

Best regards

Enrico