Solved

Doc Gen File Attachments

I have a Nintex Workflow Cloud form that generates a PDF.  This form allows users to upload multiple pictures.  I am looking for a way to embedded the pictures into the PDF that is generated.  

Does anyone have a solution for this?

icon

Best answer by butlerj 11 June 2020, 16:38

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

@JonMiller724 as you probably know, the File Attachment control in NWC forms stores the content as a collection of references to where the files are stored in our blog storage:

You can actually access and use these files in your DocGen action by using the Collection Operations actions. For example, in my workflow I used the Get Item from Collection with an index of 0 and stored the value in a File variable:

And then could use that Image file variable within my Document Generation action:

Hope that helps!

@butlerj Question, does this solution work for multiple images?

I have tried the solution, but I am only to get one file to show up in the document generator. Any advice on how to resolve?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

@fish the only way that I can think of for this is to use multiple images you will need to pre-define a couple different variables and then loop through the collection from the start form to assign each attachment to the new file variables. This is a little cumbersome as we don't yet have row replication for collections in the NWC DocGen action. 

@leighburke can you think of any other way to do this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@butlerj @fish I have an example that will deal with multiple files, you can find an explanation and export key here(https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-Workflow-Cloud/How-to-merge-files-in-NWC-workflow-from-Form-attachments/m-p/112191/highlight/true#M910). This is written for templates but the run if logic will work for images.

@leighburke Thank you very much, it is working now. I appreciate it!