Error unzipping full download 1370

• 26 September 2011
  • 5 replies

Badge +8

I have downloaded and tried to unzip the latest full installation package of blackpearl but I get an error when trying to execute it (unzip). The error message is 'Non 7-Zip archive.'.

Any ideas?

5 replies

Badge +10

Couple things to try to narrow down the issue.

I've seen where some corporate security systems mess up the downloads before where they either don't extract or don't extract completely. 

1.  Try downloading from download site again to another machine and extracting it.

2.  If you receive the same error try again on a machine that's not part of the corporate network.  If that works then copy it across using a usb drive or something similar.

Badge +1

Hi All,

I"m facing issue in extracting the K2 blackpearl while try to install it.

I'm getting " Non 7-Zip archive.

Tried installing the 7-zip in the server, still I'm facing the same.

Please suggest me a solution to overcome this error.

14935iEF001DF8EA71EA20.png
Badge +4

I have had this issue a few times. It is normally down to an incomplete download.

Check the size of your downloaded file against what the size is on the download screen.

If in doubt try downloading again, and use a download manager to ensure everything is downloaded fully.

Badge +3

Hi,

Download 7zip and try again or download the installer again with a different browser.

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Another thing to check: make sure Windows isn't blocking the file contents.

After download is complete, navigate to the folder containing the zip file.

Right-click and select Properties.

At the bottom of the General tabk, below the Advanced... button, if there is a button to Unblock, then click it.

HTH,
Gail