How to generate a document (e.g., HTML) based on data from several fields and specific items in list

• 19 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi all,
I would like to generate a document (e.g., HTML) based on data from list contains folders.
For example, I have a list of employees with the following columns: ID, name, title, department, etc.
I would like to add some control triggers a workflow that generates a document for a specific employee for whom the control was activated. The resultant document should contain "Hello [name], please find your summary.... Title: [title]..."
Please any suggestions or references where can I find any examples of a similar task.
Thank you.

2 replies

Badge +17

From the workflow action, you should be able to take workflow variables or item columns and embed them into the document template to reference such as name, title, etc. 

as long as the information you want to upload in the template is available within the workflow at the time of generating the document, you should be able to pull that into the template. 

While this is not the same platform, tagging the document may be similar to this training module.

https://learn.nintex.com/generate-a-document-in-nintex-workflow-cloud

Badge +1
I should have a "Create document" action in the actions list? Is it available in all NW versions?