Advice workflow step

Badge +1

Hello,

I'm working on a workflow for sharepoint and im also constructing the workflow in the K2 for sharepoint.

I made an approval step with 3 options : approve, decline and ask for advice.

Now the problem I have is how to proper implement this ask for advice step?

I want to be able to ask advice trough mail to anyone in the corperation, i know an email step is in place but there i can only 'hard-code' it into the workflow.

Also when that mail is sent, the approver immediately gets again the message a document is waiting for his approval, while he just clicked the ask for advice step.

Somoene got any suggestions?

Attached there is an image of my current workflow, including the loop i mentioned with the messaging.

Thanks in advance,

Lenard Schockaert

12967i40C5A5B020F7630C.png

3 replies

Badge +10

Hi Lenard,

I'm assuming you need the advise to be used to update the item?

You can perhaps place another user task after the email event which will assign it to the originator to incorporate the requested feedback into the item.

Then let that step loop back to the manager approval step once the advise has been incorporated so that the manager can approve again.

I'm not sure if this will meet your requirement.

If this is not what you are after, please supply us with a detailed requirement on what the Advise step needs to accomplish.

Thank you,

JohanL

Badge +1

Hello,

Thank you for the response.

I fixed the e-mail recipient problem now by adding a custom approval view to my form so i can fill in a datafield with a peoplepicker/email through smartobject.
Now that is fixed, the looping still exist.

The solution you suggested is some kind of 'rework' step i guess?

The email that is sent is more like a general thingy if the approver needs more info about a new employee so nothing of that is saved and available for the workflow.

And also he might ask advice to another person instead of the originator of the workflow.

I'm looking for a way so the approver doesn't instantly recieve the 'there is an item for you waiting' if he clicked advice as the person that needs to give info needs to have the time to contact the approver.

I hope it's bit clearer now.

Thank you,

Lenard Schockaert

Badge +1

Hello,

Fixed it all now, added a single mail event before the approval step so that one does the messaging instead of the approvaltask.

Should have thought of a solution like that sooner...

Thanks for the help,

Lenard Schockaert