Solved

Workflow initiator data blank

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I've just developed a workflow form that, once submitted, has a Branch by condition step to determine which one of two different emails to send. Both emails go to the workflow initiator but the text in them is different. But here's the problem: when I insert the Email variable from the Workflow initiator object, it's blank. (I verified this with a Log to instance details action that occurs immediately after form submission. The first name and last name of the initiator are blank as well.)

This is happening when I'm running workflow testing. So I know the initiator has a valid email address, because I'm the initiator! And this function works fine in other workflows I've developed.

I don't know if it's relevant or not, but this form contains a "save and continue" action in it. The user can enter data into a repeating section, save it, then return later to add another row to the repeating section (repeating this up to the maximum of 50 rows if necessary).

So why would the data from the Workflow initiator fields be empty?

EDIT: Okay, it works when I actually run the workflow (not in testing). But still, I should think it ought to work in testing too - after all, it seems that testing should mimic the "real-world" situation as closely as possible.

icon

Best answer by leighburke 26 May 2021, 06:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@DavidAD Do you have the Nintex Mobile and My Nintex option checked? This should be a workaround in the interim and I have raised this internally. In the future I would suggest raising behaviour like this with support to investigate.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you, @leighburke. Yes, the Nintex Mobile and My Nintex box is checked, but it's possible (I don't remember) that I went back and checked it after the fact.

Thank you too for passing this along to the powers that be. I would have opened a support ticket but I thought maybe I was simply doing something wrong (still a newbie here).