Workflow Cloud workflow timing out on save/publish

• 8 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Is there a maximum size for workflows in Nintex Workflow Cloud?

I'm currently extracting a lot of items from Collections into variables in the workflow, for use in pre-populating a form. After my latest changes, Workflow Cloud won't save the workflow - it seems to time-out each time. This has been happening all day, but only for this workflow (other, smaller workflows are saving ok).

Is it possible that my workflow is now too large to be saved? 

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hello alan_fire,

I do not believe there is a size hard size limit for NWC workflows, Our intention with the platform of NWC is that we can move away from the limiting factors imposed historically on workflows with the SharePoint workflow engine. 

I have seen NWC workflows with over 500 actions work perfectly fine, I think that perhaps there could be a underlaying cause to the issues you are having, I would suggest getting in contact with someone from our support team, they should be able to view the workflow for you and give you some great advice.

Please let me know how you get on.

Badge +3

Hi Jake

I ended up having to completely reduce the size of my workflow and redesign how it worked in order to get it saving again. Unfortunately, even with the new approach, the workflow won't save changes since 02/02/2021, which means I can't complete my work.

I'm getting a popup saying

"Error: The workflow cannot be published at this time. Please retry later."

and

"POST https://us.nintex.io/designer_/api/workflows/c8840fb0-b039-4b9a-b45a-0f7076ba075d/published 500 (Internal Server Error)" in the error console.

Are you having server issues at the moment, or is there something wrong with my workflow that can't be resolved?

Alan

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@alan_fire I would suggest raising this issue with the support team via the customer central(https://customer.nintex.com) or emailing support@nintex.com. They will be able to look into the issue further.

Hello @alan_fire , I am also facing this issue and getting the same error.

I could publish the workflow yesterday but cannot publish it anymore. I get the same error even when trying to save this workflow using a different name.

Are you able to get past this issue?

Badge +3

Hi @Akshat_Saxena 

I was using a work's laptop from home, which requires going through a proxy, with all information going through to the work's network before going onwards to Nintex.

I then tried RDP-ing directly onto my office machine, and ran NWC from there. The workflow started saving again. My guess is that my work's external to internal proxy was slowing things down and timing the process out.

It's worth pointing out however, that I did have to really scale down my Workflow, removing a lot of connectors & variables to make things more streamlined. This seemed to help too.