Append Changes to Existing Text

• 26 August 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I have a multiple-lines-of-text column (called 'History') set to 'Append Changes to Existing Text'.
When my Nintex Workflow is initiated it adds the latest comment (in another column) to the 'History' correctly.
However , it only allows this once before removing the older history i.e. only 2 comments are allowed into the 'History' column.
What am I doing wrong ?

Any ideas much appreciated.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Eric Harris​ mentions several times in this video that SharePoint handles this natively, and that's true. What he doesn't mention, and the reason I sought this information, was that Nintex Forms do not natively display it. As such, I have to implement this workflow to accomplish something that SharePoint is typically capable of handling on its own.

Badge

Are there written instructions for Eric Harris's workflow instructions?

We need to both send email notifications and write to different list, including text fields with their name & datestamps, and the video visual quality is not great.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey Laura,

I'm not 100% sure if this particular method is exactly like Eric's, but here is a way that I did something similar:

Let me know if you need additional assistance with this!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Here's another workaround i did using a component workflow https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/Using-a-Component-workflow-to-track-the-history-of-a...

You might be able to download my component workflow and tweak to work per your requirements :)