Using Component Workflow via API to preFill form multiple row in a Group action

• 14 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I have created a component workflow which takes API json data.

in my Form  I have group action which takes multiple fields 

22687i6B268B2B9A678173.png

I am able to send the table data to prefill the data, but I am not sure how to parse the rows of data to the fields so that the form understands.

example json

se_medical": [{"Plan Type":"PPO",
... "Plan Name":"Plan 1",
... "Rx Plan":"Rx Plan 1",
... "Network Name":"Anthem",
... "Network Location":"California"},
... {"Plan Type":"PPO",
... "Plan Name":"Plan 2",
... "Rx Plan":"Rx Plan 2",
... "Network Name":"Anthem",
... "Network Location":"California"}],

I would like for the form to look like 

22689iA17BC74984C05FBB.png

Any help would be appreciated I have tried support and not getting anywhere.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Correct me if I'm interpreting this wrong.

You're ultimately trying to set the default values for fields in a repeating section of which you don't know how many entries there will be? 

I've not done anything with repeating rows before, but after a little bit of testing I'm not sure that this is possible. If there was some contextual variable that allowed you to reference the current repeating section's index from the formula builder, maybe you could do something? 

If you didn't use repeating sections, you could probably accomplish this by parsing the input data into variables for each field that are numbered by section (Ex. PlanName1, PlanName2). Then have prebuilt sections in the form that have their default values set to the specific variable that matches.

Badge +2

Correct me if I'm interpreting this wrong.

You're ultimately trying to set the default values for fields in a repeating section of which you don't know how many entries there will be? Correct, possibly many different possibilities. 

I've not done anything with repeating rows before, but after a little bit of testing, I'm not sure that this is possible. If there was some contextual variable that allowed you to reference the current repeating section's index from the formula builder, maybe you could do something? I was hoping for some possible formula in the form that could be written like....medical[row].planname...put that in the default and somehow the all of the plans could be prefilled....

If you didn't use repeating sections, you could probably accomplish this by parsing the input data into variables for each field that are numbered by section (Ex. PlanName1, PlanName2).  - This is my backup solution but there are possible 6 max rows of data depending on user input from other sources. There are a lot of fields... get pretty ugly.