Solved

User management NWC

• 1 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi,

Just looking to get some information around how to manage users and authenitcation.  I have read the instructions on how configure the identity foundation for SAML and Azure AD Configure single sign-on with Azure Active Directory (nintex.com) but just wanting to clarify what the difference is?  And does this change how user management is maintained.  The scenario i am trying to address is how to onboard new users from our enterprise into the system - we have over 10000 users in our AD and i want each one to be a NWC user so that they are authenticated when logging in but having to manually add each person individually would be a mammoth task (something for RPA i am sure).  We currently have SAML setup but each user requires to be added, would that be different using Azure AD as the identity foundation?

icon

Best answer by Gavin-Adams 2 May 2022, 00:45

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @thomaslarkin ,

I manage an NWC tenancy which has a custom SAML provider configured for authentication.

This SAML identity federation is also configured for auto-acceleration.

We also have user directory lookup configured against Azure Active Directory. The user lookup is used for resolving user accounts against assign a task action and the people control on forms.

We do not have to manually import any users, the first time a user signs in and is authenticated by the SAML IDP they will be added as a participant. At that point they are sent a welcome to NWC email.

In the March release they have made a change which disabled sending the welcome email by default and on the configured identity federation page you can switch that on or off.

User management (nintex.com)

You should be able to configure your environment so that you do not need to manually add users.