Updating List After Assign Multiple Assignee Task

• 5 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I have a workflow in NWC.  There is a "Assign Task to Multiple Users" which uses a form.  Once that form is filled out by whoever first gets to it, I want to update a Sharepoint List with the new information.  I've done this in the past but what was used in the past and works, isn't the same as it is today and I can't figure out how to make it work.  Can someone please help.  Let me  know if you need more information.  Thank you in advance.

3 replies

Hi, you can use a "create an item" workflow step if you want to create a new SP list item or "Update items" workflow step to update an existing List item. To populate the item columns with your task form data, on the create/update SP step > on the column you want to update click on
1. +Insert

2. From the context menu you should see your task step name, click on it

3. "First response"

4. "Form variables"

5. Pick your Form field you want to update the SP item with

6. *Make sure to add a condition if you want to update a single SP list item

Hope this helps!

Badge

@KauaDorneles I have been trying to do this and it only updates the list once all responses have come in. Is there a way to get it to update as the responses come in?

If I assign a task to 2 people, and the first response is reject, I cannot see what their comment is until the second person replies with their response. I’d like to see their responses/comments as they come in.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Is there a way to get it to update as the responses come in?

Unfortunately, having the responses updated somewhere while they are coming in is impossible.
You can only run one action at a time, which in this case is the Task action.  As the task action does not have this feature, the solution cannot be achieved. The only way to achieve this is to have sequential tasks and pass on the comments from one task to the next.