Solved

Update Item in SharePoint - Updating every record in list not just the one for the specific instance

• 5 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I have a workflow in NWC which uses a start form.  I then have it save the data from the start form to a SharePoint list.  As the instance flows down, it should update the status of the instance record, however, it is updating every record/list item.

For example I have 5 items in the list.  All are in different stages/status of the workflow, but the SharePoint list is showing that all 5 items are in the same status.  Each time a new instance is kicked off, all items in the list are in "In Process" in the Status column.  When a task within the workflow is completed, all items in the list are changed to "Complete" when in fact some are still "In Process".

I have workflows where this is working correctly but I noticed that the Update a SharePoint Item has been changed.  I need to know how to configure the updated version of this.  In the old version, I was able to select the "Item" variable to let it know to only update the specific item, but in the newer version, it only lets me select "NewItem" from the SharePoint Online variables.

Hopefully this makes sense and someone can help me as soon as possible.

icon

Best answer by bamaeric 5 August 2022, 17:59

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

First thing to check out are the Conditions in the "SharePoint Online - Update items" action. Make sure that you have a condition to update the individual item when the list item ID equals the ID from the Start Event variable (for example). I had this same thing happen and getting the Conditions correct solved it for me.

Badge +2

Thank you.  That is exactly what was going on.