Unable to Create Condition for Data Lookup Control with MS SQL Server On-Prem Data Source

• 13 December 2021
  • 2 replies

I am using Nintex Workflow Cloud.  I have two MS SQL Server on-premises data sources; each connected to separate tables in the same database.  The two tables have a common key (ID).

I want to use data lookup 1 to find the desired ID in Tbl1 and use that ID as a filter on data lookup 2 to limit the results returned to just those items in Tbl2 that have the ID selected in data lookup 1. 

I configured two Data Lookup controls on my Form.  The first is connected to Table 1 on ID.  That ID value is stored in a Text control on the form using a Rule.

The second lookup is connected to Table 2.  I want to look up only the items whose ID is the same as the ID from lookup 1.

20998iAC314059102AC612.png

However, when I attempt to Add a Condition to Data Lookup 2, I am unable to select either a Form Control or Form Variable as a Value for the condition.  They are Greyed Out.

20999i35A632616D3954DD.png

I also tried a Form Variable, but it is Greyed out too.

21000i16AC8DABCDC88A50.png

I have verified data types, and the ID field is a Text value in both Tables and in my Form controls and my Form variables.

Anybody else have this issue with a Data Lookup control connected to a MS SQL Server On-Prem data source?

Is there a fix or work around for this issue?

Please advise.

Thank you.

2 replies

From Nintex Support

Unfortunately at this time you are not able to filter the results of a 'Data lookup' object using live data on your form, for the time being the only filtering you can do for a 'Data lookup' object is within the initial 'Data lookup' configuration. The ability to reference and manipulate these 'data source variables' is on the roadmap but I don't have an ETA for when this feature will be ready.

I encourage you to submit this as a feature request on our User Voice site at https://link.edgepilot.com/s/f36893a0/nmUk2Yu_oUual3SX-LnGmw?u=https://nintex.uservoice.com/. Our product teams regularly review this feedback and it is used to build roadmaps for future releases.
Badge +4

where is initial 'Data lookup' configuration ?