Testing Forms Start Events

• 21 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I'm working with Nintex DocGen and Workflow Cloud for the first time and I've completed a draft of a process I'd like to test. This process starts with a Form. A few questions:

• Is there a way to see to where or to who the Form submits? Can this be changed?
  • Do any of you have references or best practices on testing complicated workflows that start with a Form?
    • Is there a way to test an Assigned Task or Express Approval as the person this is assigned to before publishing a workflow?

Probably the most helpful advice would be best practices or examples of thorough testing of workflows (including approvals) from the perspective of the Nintex user. As it stands, Workflow Testing sends notification emails, but I'm having difficulty emulating the experience of a user coming in and approving/rejecting/routing a form within Nintex.

Thank you!

David

2 replies

Hi,
First Question: The form isn't necessarily submitted to anyone when you submit it. Unless, you configure the information or the form to be sent to a person using the workflow user steps, such as assigning a task for approval or sending an email.

Second question part two: I would suggest assigning the tasks to yourself in the workflow for testing. This would help in allowing you to action task and test different routes of the workflow.

I hope you find this information helpful. 

This allows you to action tasks as the testing user. Hope it helps. Watch the video at the bottom. https://community.nintex.com/t5/Blog/Nintex-Workflow-Cloud-Workflow-Testing/ba-p/110643