Solved

Storage of Instance Data for NWC

• 2 March 2021
  • 2 replies

I have a workflow that includes the following features:

• A form collects information from a user
    • The form includes a signature
  • The workflow generates a document from the information in the form (including the signature)
  • The signature and document are stored in OneDrive

When I view the instances, I see all of the form data there (in the Instance Start Data), which includes a reference to the signature path (but it is not clear if that is the path in OneDrive).

My 3 related questions:

1. Does Nintex store the generated document or it is only stored in OneDrive?
  2. Does Nintex store the signature or is it only stored in OneDrive?
  3. For the other form fields, is there a way to have the data removed from a completed or failed Instance after a period of time, either automatically or manually, perhaps by deleting the instance? I don't see a delete option.  Alternatively, is there an option like in Power Automate where you can create secured inputs so that the collected data cannot be viewed from the audit trail?

icon

Best answer by butlerj 5 March 2021, 22:56

View original

2 replies

No replies? 😞 No one at Nintex has an answer to any of these questions?

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

Hi @msalamon 

1. Does Nintex store the generated document or it is only stored in OneDrive?

• With DocGen the file is temporarily stored in our Azure storage while we're processing the request, but it is then removed once the workflow instance is completed.

2. Does Nintex store the signature or is it only stored in OneDrive?

• The signature is currently treated like any other file that is attached via the start form. It will be temporarily held in the Nintex Azure storage and you will be able to see the reference path to it in the start data.

3. For the other form fields, is there a way to have the data removed from a completed or failed Instance after a period of time, either automatically or manually, perhaps by deleting the instance? I don't see a delete option.  Alternatively, is there an option like in Power Automate where you can create secured inputs so that the collected data cannot be viewed from the audit trail?