Solved

Start Workflow at creation does not start with Workflow Cloud downloading into Sharepoint On Prem

• 9 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

I have a workflow setup in NWC that performs a "create an item" task in my on prem Sharepoint environment.  I have a workflow setup within my list library to file at creation.  When items are created via the Workflow Cloud, the workflow will not fire.  However if I manually create the item in the list library, the workflow will fire.  Any ideas on why this is occurring?  I can confirm, the "Start when items are created" is set to "Yes".  If there is a place I can look, I would greatly appreciate it.  

icon

Best answer by Dan_Stoll 4 May 2022, 21:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Is NWC creating items as a system account? If so, Workflows on Prem will not start if the items are created by a System account. To fix this, you should run this PowerShell to allow.

stsadm.exe –o setproperty –propertyname declarativeworkflowautostartonemailenabled –propertyvalue yes
Userlevel 2
Badge +9

This was it. I had already created a workaround in the meantime, but I can use this for later down the road.  Thank you.