Solved

Standalone Nintex Workflow Cloud forms

• 27 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi All,

I am coming to NWC from a K2 background and I am suprised to find how limited the forms functionality is, or perhaps I can't find the answers I am looking for in the documentation or by experimenting on NWC. 

My question:

How do I create forms that are not bound to a workflow? A simple form that the user can use to view data or perform tasks that definitely don't require workflow?

In a traditonal approach a user would have a landing page or dashboard where common information is available pertaining to the business, in K2 you would create a SmartForm and that SmartForm would be made available on Workspace or perhaps by link etc. The user can then view data from a database, query business information or what have you. 

This does not seem like a viable option for NWC.

Am I wrong?

icon

Best answer by leighburke 28 June 2021, 00:48

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@hwagener Currently there is no standalone forms in NWC, you can suggest this feature over on our uservoice(https://nintex.uservoice.com/). The SharePoint online version of Nintex does have Forms that will sit on a list and does not require a workflow.

Hi Leigh,

Thanks for the reply I'll drop it as a feature request on user voice.

Kind regards,
Helgard Wagener
Badge +6

@leighburke , what are the Forms referenced on the 'My Nintex" dashboard? I don't see any way to add a form, which kinda makes sense since there's no such thing as a standalone form, but doesn't explain why it's there or what it does. The documentation seems to indicate forms the user has interacted with should be there, but I've never seen anything listed. I have more than 100 instances when I filter back to October in the instances view, so it's not that I haven't interacted.

@AnneC The forms options on My Nintex are forms that have been created as start event forms for workflows. You are able to see all start event forms from the "Submit a form" option and see the progress/status of a submitted form from "Form submissions".

Badge +6

Seven of my nine NWC workflows start with a form, and none are shown. When I click "Submit a Form, it says no forms are available. Shouldn't I see the Production and Development ones? And probably the drafts too? Do I need to open a case?

Hi Anne,

You might need to check the Start Event on those workflows and make sure the option to add them to My Nintex is checked.