SmartForm submission rules

Badge +9

Hi,

I have a smartform submission rules defined in a 'Submit ' button as shown below with Actions-Complete, Reject.

16644iE662005F9067D652.jpg

I am facing an issue where if rules defined in the form are stopped to execute but the Action is being performed and workflow advances to the next activity. How do we prevent that and user will still be in the same smartform to modify values to submit again. I donot understand how to handle the form rules with succeeding rule of the workflow activity or line rule that need to be modified. Please need your valuable sugestions. Thank you.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi,

It would help to see a screen shot of what rules are currently executing. The simplest solution would be to make the Workflow execution action the very last rule that fires so if there there is an error it stops before your workflow is actioned. If that proves to not work, you could always define an unbound rule that actions the workflow and call that rule if and when all your other work has completed successfully.

S.

Badge +9

Thank you Scott,

I really didnot understand how to handle this situation.

Rules are executed in the Submit button control of the SmartForm. I do not know if this is the best practice of handling all decision on the submit button.

16393i3F58E6AD440827F2.jpg

Can you please suggest the best way of handling this. Is there anything I need to add in the rules in the form as well as in the workflow (I am using K2 VS 2010 )

Thank you so much.