Solved

SharePoint Online Person or Group field with Multiple Selections

• 14 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I'm trying to send an email to the users listed in a SharePoint Online list field that's configured as a "Person or Group" field and that also allows multiple selections.

All I can see in the workflow designer are the ID's.

I have other fields on this same list that are also "Person or Group" fields but are configured to allow only a single selection. For these fields I am able to see the display name and email address of that person in the workflow designer.

Clearly there's an issue here with my one field that allows multiple selections. Since all I can get back are the ID's for those people, how do I get their email addresses?

icon

Best answer by jeffoliver1000 15 June 2022, 19:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @jeffoliver1000,

Are you using Nintex for Office 365 or Nintex Workflow Cloud ?

Within Nintex Workflow Cloud :

From a workflow that triggers on SharePoint Online events, you will always have the Email and Id variables associated to a Person field type as shown below :

Same if you get the item using any SharePoint Online actions :

Sending an email using the Account Managers Email variable works. 

Within Nintex for Office 365 :

From Nintex workflow for Office 365, to get the emails you have to click on the FX button as shown below :

Let me know if it helps. ^^

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I'm using Nintex Workflow Cloud.

What you describe is not what I'm seeing. I have TWO fields that are "Person or Group" field. One allows multiple selections, the other does not.

For the one that DOES NOT allow multiple selections (called "Contract Requestor"), YES, I am able to see the display names and email addresses.

However, for the one that DOES allow multiple selections (called "Contract Owner"), all I see are the ID's.

Can you confirm that in your screenshot, that field you have called "Account Managers" allows multiple selections? 

Here's what I see:

Here are how those fields are configured:

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Strange --- I just deleted the column in question, and recreated it.

Go figure! It works now as expected.