Solved

Send submitters a regular digest of pending instances

• 28 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hey NWC Forums,

A few people have mentioned that they tend to forget about items they've submitted while they're in process, which sometimes leads to a frantic rush to get a given item approved by the deadline. I have regular reminders set up for approvers, but if someone has forgotten to check their Updates folder for the Nintex email, all the reminders in the world won't help. 

What I'd like to do is send a daily digest to each submitter of items they've submitted that are still in process. That way they can get ahead of time-sensitive requests and bring them to the approver's attention. 

Let me know if there's a way to do this! Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by butlerj 6 March 2020, 15:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

@jstraus While functionality like this currently isn't available out of the box, this might be something that could be built using the Task API, I just want to make sure that I understand the ask so we can present it to the correct product team internally:

• User submits a form which kicks off a workflow

• User should be able to access a "dashboard" that shows all current instances that they have submitted

• This would be used to remind task assignees to complete their tasks if email fails

• Task asignees should have a dashboard/widget that allows them to see all pending tasks currently assigned to them

Does the above sound right?

Badge +4

Yes, that would be extremely helpful. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

@jstraus Spoke with one of our other PMs yesterday afternoon and they let me know that they have now rolled out a lightweight "Task Participant" experience that might meet some of your needs: 

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/New-Year-New-You-New-Participant-Task-Experience/ba-p/107610

While this doesn't include something quite like a 'task digest' reminder (which I think is the bigger ask here), it does still provide a single place where participants can go to review open tasks. Let me know what you think of this experience and how it could potentially be improved and I'll take that back to the team internally.

Thanks!