Assign task in k2 studio workflow to users retrieved from SharePoint people picker field

• 4 August 2014
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Dear,

How i can assign task in k2 studio workflow  to users retrieved from a SharePoint people picker field.

Detailed scenario : 

i have a sharepoint list with a field of type people picker (user only) , i want to assign task to users in k2 studio workflow to users retrieved from the people picker field.

, i didnt create any smart objejct for now , should i specify a destination rule ?.

Please provide me with detailed  steps to achieve this issue

Regards,

4 replies

Badge +8

Event Wizards > General > Default Client Event

Event Notification Settings: Notify participant

Configure Actions: Approve/Decline

Add a Detination User:

Process/Activity > XML Fields > <sharepoint list> > SharePoint Item > Meta Data > Items > Item > Drag the column over with the user data

Badge +4

Thank you DavidAerne for your reply,

I am new in K2, i tried to add one user only first of all for testing purpose.

but i am getting an error : 28083 ServerEvent : The email address : k2:domainusername , is invalid.

knowing that the user has a valid email , please let me know if i missed up some configuration or anything else.

Regards.

Badge +1

Would also be interested in hearing how this gets resolved, for SharePoint 2013, seeing that the path ;

Add a Detination User:

Process/Activity > XML Fields > <sharepoint list> > SharePoint Item > Meta Data > Items > Item > Drag the column over with the user data

...starting at <sharepoint list> does not exist.

Badge +1

Here is how I successfully did it.

1. I first add the "Get Reference User" event and dropped the item reference field onto the User ID field of the event.
  2. Gave the Reference a good name and hit finish, e,g, ResponsiblePerson
  3. Then I created 2 data fields, one to store the Claims-formatted-login-name, and the other store the cleaned-up-login-name.
  4. Then I added the Data Event for assigning the Claims-formatted-login-name data field
  5. In the source field, I added the ResponsiblePerson.User. LoginName reference
  6. In the destination field, I added the Claims-formatted-login-name data field
  7. Then I added another Data Event for assigning the Cleaned-up-login-name data field
  8. In the source field of the data event, I added the Mid(Text, Start)(String) Text Expression
  9. In the Mid(Text, Start)(String) expression, I added 8 as the start integer, and added Claims-formatted-login-name data field in the Text string.
  10. In the destination field, I added the Cleaned-up-login-name data field
  11. I then added a new default client event
  12. On the client event's destination user, I added the Cleaned-up-login-name data field
  13. That was pretty much it, the task was now able to be assigned to the correct destination user from the people picker.