Solved

Save variables from each instance in spreadsheet

• 29 April 2020
  • 2 replies

We are a publishing company and I would like to find an instance ID through searching a spreadsheet for saved variables, such as a book title or author name, etc. 

Is there a way to set up each instance to insert a new row in a spreadsheet or table document and populate data from the workflow?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Gavin-Adams 30 April 2020, 06:51

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi 

in nintex workflow cloud there are no actions to be able to query a spreadsheet file once you connect to a storage service to download the file.

You could potentially look at web service APIs to office 365 / office web apps to interact with a spreadsheet. However your immediately into coding at the point through web service actions.

If you have office 365, easiest option is to create a sharepoint online team site and import the spreadsheet into a sharepoint list. Then use the Sharepoint online actions to query the list for the item based on your workflow variables. Then the get item action to get the values for the item found.

Second option is some sort of database table with SQL or MySQL that you can execute a query against.

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

@cgdwn Gavin is correct in terms of what is available in NWC today. However I do know that there has been some discussion around improving the interactability with start variables, and I will definitely take this example back to the PM group as an additional example/use case.