Solved

Run If True Problems

Hi, 

Nintex novice here - hoping someone may be able to help. 

I have a questionnaire form setup with various answers. 

I have a hidden boolean group which based on answer would populate. 

ie. If Single Choice Contracts Manager drop down = Mr Smith then the Boolean for Mr Smith is true then within the workflow I have several run if true actions saying if Mr Smith boolean is true then email mrsmith@work.com  Or if Mr Green, Mr Green is true and email mrgreen@work.com and so on. There is about 6 options in total. 

The whole thing works perfect if I keep the boolean group visible but as soon as I hide it from the published form view the workflow no longer sends the email to the Contracts Manager. 

Does anyone know where I am going wrong? 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks 

Stacey 

icon

Best answer by butlerj 6 July 2020, 15:47

View original

4 replies

Anybody?? 🙂

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

@StaceyLee instead of using a hidden boolean group on your form, I would suggest using Form variables instead using the ifElse runtime function. These can still be accessed as Start Event variables within your workflow, and will calculate regardless of hidden fields:

Example Rule:

ifElse([Form].[Name Selection]=="Jonathan","jonathan.butler@nintex.com",(ifElse([Form].[Name Selection] == "Ford","ford.burton@nintex.com", ifElse([Form].[Name Selection]=="Brent","brent.read@nintex.com",""))))

I would also suggest maybe using a 'Branch by value' action within your workflow instead of nested conditional statements, as it might make your workflow a little easier to manage:

Hope that helps!

Thanks for your reply.

I just couldn't get my head around why it would work while the form control was visible but as soon as I hid the control is wouldnt work anymore. 

Thanks 

Stacey 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I'm a NWC newbie too and I was having almost this exact problem, so thank you both for this question and solution.