InfoPath Submit Error - The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized

Badge +6

I try to submit the infoPath form and i got the error says "An error occurred while the form was being submitted."  When i Check the sharepoint log file i found the following error :

01/20/2009 14:56:24.85  w3wp.exe (0x11C4)                        0x0220 Forms Server                   Forms Services Data Objects    13zh Exception  System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.     at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()     at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.SolutionLifetime.WebServiceHelper.GetResponseHelper(WebRequest request, DataAdapterTimer dataAdapterTimer, DataAdapterCredentials credentials, Stopwatch timer, ExecWebRequestExceptionState state, String adapterName, Boolean isQuery)     at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.SolutionLifetime.WebServiceHelper.ExecWebRequestSync(XPathNavigator inputSubDOM, Boolean[] inputUseDataset, XPathNavigator resultsSubDOM, Boolean resultUseDataset, XPathNavigator errorsSubDOM, Uri serviceUrl, Uri soapAction, Int64 timeOutMillisec, Solution solution, Document document, String name, Boolean isQuery, DataAdapterTimer dataAdapterTimer, DataAd... 0571e4c0-3c2d-4175-8e06-99b6cf52851b
01/20/2009 14:56:24.85* w3wp.exe (0x11C4)                        0x0220 Forms Server                   Forms Services Data Objects    13zh Exception ...apterCredentials credentials, Boolean useDcl, Boolean useProxy, Boolean useSelf) 0571e4c0-3c2d-4175-8e06-99b6cf52851b
01/20/2009 14:56:24.85  w3wp.exe (0x11C4)                        0x0220 Forms Server                   Forms Services Runtime - Data C 82g0 Warning  Form submission failed. (User: XXXXXXXXX, Form Name: CER Form, IP: , Request: http://clickdev/_layouts/Postback.FormServer.aspx, Form ID: urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:infopath:CER-Form:-myXSD-2009-01-15T15-03-39, Type: DataAdapterException, Exception Message: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.) 0571e4c0-3c2d-4175-8e06-99b6cf52851b

We have Share Point running on one server Called (Clickdev) and K2 Workflow running on different server.

Can anybody help on this issue?

13 replies

Badge +10

Sounds like 1 of 2 possible issues.

1. Kerberos

2. There is a known issue where Forms Serivices is running on a different server than the K2 web services.  MS has a hot fix for it.

See the following link

http://www.k2underground.com/forums/25305/ShowThread.aspx#25305

Badge +6
Not sure this will help... but does the K2 account has right into the Sharepoint Form Lib involved?
Badge +6

Chrisg,

As you told we installed the MS hotfix. But still having same issue. 

Badge +10
darn i thought that was it.  I think it may be time to open a ticket.  Do you have access to do so?
Badge +9
Was this resolved?  We are having the same issue... please share your experiences after opening a ticket.  Thanks!
Badge +6
We Contact the K2 Support and Open a Ticket. They told us that, it was a bug in K2 and they gave us a Hot fix. After installing the hotfix, it works fine
Badge +9
Thanks!  We are in the same boat, so we may need the same hotfix.  Is there any sort of reference number associated with this fix?
Badge +6

Hot Fix Which we got it from K2 is K2 blackpearl 0807 KB000402

Badge +9

That hot fix was specfiic to allowing read-only users to open the InfoPath forms?

Darn, that is different than what we are experiencing.  Nobody can open the InfoPath forms unless we hack the .udcx to include a hardcode user-name and password.  Seems like this is what the microsoft hotfix should address, but it doesn't.

Badge +6

Hi ,

I am facing similar issue, Please let me know the workaround

Thanks

Jayaprakash  

Badge +6

What about the authenictation type of your K2Workspace site in IIS, i.e the metabase? It should be "Negotiate,NTLM", you can check using the cscript command of the InetpubAdminScripts.

Badge +3

Hi

Go to Sharepoint Central Administration > Application Management > Configure InfoPath Forms Services and enable "Cross-Domain Access for user Form Templates"

If this does not resolve your issue then you should install the Microsoft KB fix mentioned earlier in this thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The information contained herin does not reflect the view of K2, this is my own opinion

Badge +6

Hi,

Workspce is installed under default website and

1) I have set authenictation type to "Negotiate,NTLM"

2) "Cross-Domain Access for user Form Templates" is enabled under Configure Infopath Forms Services in Centra Admin

(401) Unauthorized issues is sloved and But I am facing '3 strikes and you're out'  issue , when user opens K2 workspce from his system.

and I am not able to install Microsoft KB fix ,because of version compatibility.

Please any suggestion ?