Rich Text Editor for Zendesk

• 4 August 2022
  • 8 replies

I believe there is no rich text editor currently available for creating tickets in zendesk and using the description with better text editing options. 

If anyone knows how to create a variable with rich text editing as I am not able to find it. 

Create a string function does not have a rich text editor and not sure if it will process it in zendesk well. 

Thanks

8 replies

Although I am not familiar with Zendesk because it is from a different company, Nintex Workflow Cloud (NWC) has a forms designer with a rich text control.  The control is called "Text-Long" and it supports a large number of rich text formatting options.  You can read more about it at the link below.  I hope it gives you some ideas about how you can use rich text.

Text - Long (nintex.com)

Hello David,
I am looking to present data when sending a zendesk ticket rather than collect data in a form.
I have noticed the rich text option is available when you send an email, is it possible to give the zendesk create a ticket similar functionality?
Thanks

You would have to check Zendesk documentation to see what format it accepts for rich text, but many applications just use HTML.  That means you could construct rich text by composing strings of HTML:

<body>

<h1>Ticket 12345</h1>

<p>The status of this ticket is <b>urgent</b></p>

</body>

You are correct, but the sad thing is zendesk does not support HTML, only Text, Decimal, Integer, Boolean, DateTime, Collection.

Thanks for trying.
Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi everyone, 

can you explain, what do you try to do?

If you're using "Create a ticket" from the Zendesk Action, is it not sending an E-mail from Zendesk?

Cheers

Sven

No, I am using the Create a ticket function and it does send the email.
The format of the email description is not available in rich text or HTML.
Is there a way we can integrate another function to perform this task or can it be added for the future?

Thanks
Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Allright,

so what you can try is (see screenshot), just add an HTML into the variable.

Alos, what you can try, if you want to merge string use the "create a text string

" action.

Hey Sven,

Zendesk currently does not support HTML or Rich Text, this is what it only supports: Text, Decimal, Integer, Boolean, DateTime, Collection.

I have tested this method as per DavidL2 mentioning this previously, and when the ticket is created the HTML format is not present.

Thanks for trying.