Solved

Repeating Section

• 30 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

I am starting a workflow using a form. My form has a repeating sections (with single choice, text, currency controls) that I was able to configure.  After the user selects the submit button, the form needs to go to an approver so the action I am using is ASSIGN A TASK.

1. I noticed when building the Assign a Task FORM approval, the repeating sections are NOT available to build out the form for Form approval.  So it looks like I am forced to use express approval.

2. So I tried using the Generate Document action and build a word doc and noticed the repeating section action only is available if all the controls are text.  It does not work with the single choice controls or calculated line item amounts.

The repeating section works on the input form; but how do I render that information downstream for review and approval?  Are my options to use repeating section, text controls only? or eliminate repeating section and configure differently?

Image is attached for reference. Am I missing something? Any help is appreciated.

icon

Best answer by leighburke 3 August 2021, 00:14

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Russ_G Currently repeating section responses can't be displayed directly in another Form. Is this is an internal form? They can see the previous forms in My Nintex. If you need it displayed on another form, you could look at making a html table and displaying in a label(Example export key: jpMyUiF7257DTLJo65ToYqLtXJs3iqC7ZZ4H7DcWPtFFExdAr). For point 2 repeating sections should work with other control types, I tested currency, number and that worked for me.

Badge +3
For point 2, I was using a single choice selection and a calculation that caused the repeating section not to show up as a Gendoc tag. Once I remove those action types, the tag appeared.

Thank you for reminding me I can view the INTERNAL FORM in My Nintex. I will present that solution first.

The example you provided, I am kinda new to Nintex...how do I use that code you sent above? Do I key that in somewhere so I can see an example of the table? I that an accelerator item? Please advise.

Finally, super thanks for helping. 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Russ_G The above code is an export of an example workflow, that you can import into your environment.

Badge +3
gotcha, it is an import key. I will look at your recommendation tonight.....once again, super thanks
where is the code you reference - sorry newbie
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Cherieb This import key(pMyUiF7257DTLJo65ToYqLtXJs3iqC7ZZ4H7DcWPtFFExdAr), can be used to import the example workflow into your environment(https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nwc/Content/Dashboard/Workflows.htm).