Solved

Readable instance start data

• 23 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Is there a way to decrypt the instance start data?

When a failed workflow occurs, the first thing we do is check the instance start data + activities to troubleshoot. However, it is sometimes hard to read the data in the instance start data, as the variables do not match the variable names of the form fields. Instead they look something like this: se_currency_4_RgwiI2K90c : 500

This only indicates the field data type and submission data. Most times this is sufficient, but I have a form that has multiple (non-mandatory) currency fields next to each other. When only one of these non-mandatory currency fields are filled out, I cannot determine which one the variable start data is displaying. (The numbering convention se_currency_4_RgwiI2K90c doesn't help in my case, its scattered)

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi?

icon

Best answer by butlerj 26 February 2020, 17:51

View original

2 replies

Badge +1

Edit: I ended up using a dummy submission (with all fields filled) to see which field was which in the start data. Still interested to know if there's a better way to determine this. Cheers.

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

Hi Isaiah,

You are correct, currently there isn't a great way to decrypt the instance start data from a Form as it just pulls through the control type, however I've submitted the idea linked below into UserVoice to see if we can improve this. I think it would make a lot of sense to pull through the variable names into the Start Data, but if you think there would be a better way to identify the controls, please feel free to leave a comment on the UserVoice post!

https://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/430063-5-nintex-workflow-cloud/suggestions/39801832-improved-instance-start-data-naming

Cheers,