Nintex Workflow - 'Copy Item' to copy a document set from one library to another

• 21 March 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I have been absolutely racking my brain trying to work this out!

Is there anyway in Nintex Workflows to copy an entire document set with all of its contents from one library to another?

I keep getting the same error!

'The workflow could not copy the item, Make sure the source and destination lists have the same columns and column settings.'

I have tried creating my destination library from a template of my source library

I've even tried making an exact copy in Sharegate... but still the same error!

Please please please help!

Thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

When I had this issue once before, I used the following technique to find a subtle difference between the two content types. I created a workflow that have several create item actions that updates one field at a time. Small differences can be plain text vs. rich text. Multiple values allowed vs. Single.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Kimberley,

I tried this with the simplest doc set and doc library structure.  i.e. no additional columns other than the defaults and I was able to replicate your error.  It seems that "Copy Item" doesn't like Doc Sets.  I also tried using the "Copy to SharePoint" action and that worked successfully so use that one instead wink.png

Cheers,

Chris

Badge +4

Hey Chris,

Thanks for that! Yeah "Copy to Sharepoint" worked a treat! - Pretty awesome tools in Nintex Workflows really!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Great to hear Kimberley!  If you could please mark my answer correct, that'll save someone else time if they come across the same issue. :-)

Badge +4

Hi Chris Ben

Had another question for you... I used the 'Copy To Sharepoint' action to copy a document set from one library to another and place it inside another document set.

Is there any issues you know of creating document sets inside other document sets?

Thanks!

Kimberley

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I believe that should be expected behavior as SharePoint doesn't allow doc sets within doc sets.