Nintex Mobile Deep Linking: Prepopulating a list lookup field

Badge +3

Hi there,

I'm currently trying to create a deep link for Nintex Mobile that would pre populate a list lookup field. The pre populating feature works well for Single line of text fields, but does not seem to work for list lookup controls.

I've tried to use the display value or the list id. Neither of which worked to set the list lookup control.

Would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Andrew Beals​, could you please clarify?

Badge +3

Just an update, I raised a support request just recently and Andrew Beals has provided a few pointers with using the deep links.

• Ensure that the query string is using the Control Name and not the Display Name shown on the label or the site column name. (This is what tripped me up).
  • The query string is case sensitive and Nintex will automatically capitalise the control name in Nintex Form even if your site column is in lower case.
  • For list lookup controls, using the value displayed is sufficient and there isn't a need to prepend the id. e.g. Just use Seattle.

nintexmobile://form?ntx-name=Security%20Check&Location=Seattle

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

hm, that's weird - I've got it working for simple dropdowns, but I can not manage to get it working for lookups.

I think I have met all the requirements you listed above.

let's see my test case.

this is my list a lookup column picks data from

this is my 2nd list with 2 lookup columns (L1_Title, L1_Desc) from L1_Lookup list

definition of L1_Title and  L1_Desc columns

layout of the mobile form

definition of lookup controls

dropdown control

I compiled following link:

nintexmobile://form?ntx-name=L2_lookup&LT=1&LD=AAA&DD=Z&Title=xyz

ie. I used control names (LT, LD, DD), to avoid confusions from upper/lower case conversion I by purpose used both control names and data all in uppercase.

and this is what I get.

ie. Title a simple dropdowns are pre-filled correctly, but I can't find a way how to get it working for lookup

and just so that you can see, lookups are populated correctly

John Luangco​ or Andrew Beals​, do you have an idea what I might have been doing wrong?

Badge +3

Marian Hatala that is indeed strange. I've tried to replicate your steps in my environment and was able to get the fields to prepopulate. (see 2016-07-08_0845 - JohnLuangco's library )

SharePoint 2010 + Nintex Windows App + Nintex Forms 2010 1.10.0.0

I wonder if the difference could be due to the environment?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

John Luangco​, thanks for taking care and spending time and effort to reproduce my testcase.

inspired by your video, I think the difference makes platform of nintex mobile client. you tested with WINDOWS client, I did it on ANDROID.

I tried to publish my form for nintex mobile tablet and tested it with nintex mobile client on win10. there it work like a charm.

have you ever tested it on a android device? or do you have chance to repeat the testcase from above on that platform?

Andrew Beals​, ​what's your point of view on this finding?

Badge +3

Hi Marian Hatala

No unfortuantely I am unable to test at the moment with iOS or Android as I am having issues with Nintex Live Registration.

Hopefully Andrew Beals will be able to provide some insights on what is different with android.

Thanks

John

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Andrew Beals​, any comments on getting deep links work for lookup in nintex mobile on android?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I don't see why would it be unrelated, but ok, I'll submit a support ticket.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

FYI, this issue on Android has been fixed with nintex mobile version 4.2.5

Badge +9

Hi ‌, where can i find the updated help documentation for this?