Nintex Gateway upgrades and new connections

• 25 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I was just reading through the release notes for Nintex Gateway.

Nintex Gateway release notes 

I noted that upgrading to the latest version 2.2.2 would create new connections in NWC.

The upgrade process to Nintex Gateway v2.2.2 will uninstall and install Nintex Gateway on the machine you upgrade. This means the connection to Nintex Workflow Cloud is lost. Once the new version of Nintex Gateway is started, you must create a new connection to Nintex Workflow Cloud. This means that Nintex Workflow Cloud will update the entry for your specific Nintex Gateway instance. A new entity is created, which means that your Nintex RPA Connector, Microsoft SQL Server on-premises Connector, and SharePoint on-premises Connector connections must be updated, and the new entry for Nintex Gateway selected.

Currently I'm on 2.1.2 and as we use nintex gateway for more workflows connecting to on-premise resources, this is not really a long term practical solution.

Surely there can be a way to more 'smartly' update the gateway engine without having to update all the consuming connections and workflows?

2 replies

Thank you for your feedback, Gavin.

I have passed this feedback onto our Product Team, as this is a legitimate concern.

As always, let me know if you need anything else! 🙂

Marcus

Badge +2

Hi Gavin-Adams,

Thanks for the response. You're right - we can do better with this and we have been planning some improvements to this area already. 

Thanks!