Solved

NWC "Send an email” (Communication) Action, email is not received

• 20 September 2022
  • 2 replies

I am using NWC.  When I try to use the “Send an email” (Communication) Action, the email is not received.  The Recipient email address is hard-coded.  If I use the “Send an email” (Microsoft Exchange Online) action, the email is received.  I would like to use the former (Communication Action) as that action has more options to customize emails.  Can you tell me why the “Send an email” (Communication) Action may fail?

On a side note, emails sent from Tasks are received.

icon

Best answer by bsikes 20 September 2022, 22:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I'm not sure if this would be the issue, but it may be worth checking with support to see if the email you're trying to use is on their bounce list. We've had a few times in the past where our email system has an issue delivering an email, which sends a bounce back message to Nintex. This may result in them putting the email on a bounce list that prevents the email from even being sent from their system. 

No idea if this would explain why the task email works though.

You were right, in that it was an issue with our mail server (not a bounce).  Our mail server was blocking the emails as SPAM.  The email team will whitelist emails from workflowcloud and we should be all set.  Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.