Hello friends, I've updated a workflow to engine v2 recently (accidentally) and the Docusign 'Get Signature' action is no longer working.
In v1, the docusign action simply attached files that was stored in file variables. The files are created from templates and stored in OneDrive.
I've updated the Document Generation action, as I have in other workflows, using the updated v2 action. The document is created from the template and stored to OneDrive with no problem. see screenshots that show each step.
Get the template
Create the form from the template - store form in collection
Get the form from the collection - store in a file variable
Store the file in OneDrive
Use DS Get Signature action and try to attach the file
During testing, DS returns the following error
I've tried several ways/combinations of getting the file to attach - such as creating another file variable to use with Get Signature - and nothing seems to work. The flow shown above should work, no?
Since this was accidentally (stupid me) set to V2, this was a production workflow that I have had to notify customers not to use - so I'm in a bit of a pickle. Any advice you can give will be sooooo appreciated. I've also reached out to support.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Update: The issue is stemming from the 'Current Date' context variable. It is appending the time in this format: T00:00:00 - and that is making actions that name files and paths to conk out. If anyone out there is reading this...could this be a bug in their V2 engine?
I am working on a work-around and will post it but am definitely open to help if there is already a solution out there.
If I use the ‘Current date’ variable (located in variables ->Context -> Current Date) within a file name or path, the workflow fails because it appends the time to the end of the date using the format T00:00:00.
It didn't do this in V1 and i still have a few V1 workflows that use this context variable with no issue. To resolve, I applied a "Format Date to String" at the beginning of the workflow for the 'current date' context variable.
It happened to break at the 'get signature' action because DocuSign had an invalid path to follow because of the colons in the timestamp that was being placed by the workflow
Another update: Nintex must have been having issues that day. The solution for the 'date to text string' is no longer needed. I had been using the current date context variable with every workflow and never encountered this issue so presumed it was related to updating the engine to v2. The day following my support request and hours of troubleshooting, the variable was suddenly working in the manner that is should have been. ugh i wasted two days.