Solved

NWC - How to Sort the Option Label on a Data lookup / connection results

• 26 September 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge +9

We have NWC form where we placed a "Data Lookup" field to bring data about Customers list.

The data connection is coming from simple SharePoint list. 

We are mainly displaying the:

- Customer Name in the "Option Label"

- A calculated column of all the customer information in the "Option Value"

Now, The customer Name lookup is looking to be all over the place (not sorted). it seems to be sorted by SharePoint ID. 

We are going to continue to add to this list so we will never be able to maintain sorting on the SP ID!!

In Nintex forms on O365 or on-premise, we were able to specify the "view" that we're pulling the information from. So I could really sort it however I want and that's what will show on my control... But there is no such option in Nintex Workflow Cloud forms... 

So.... how can I sort the retrieved data from the SP connection in ascending order in NWC forms?!

help!

icon

Best answer by rickdemarco 9 October 2020, 06:38

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

@cmikhaiel_e I've been doing some poking around but have not been able to find a way to apply any type of sorting.

@EuanGamble or @rickdemarco any thoughts on this one?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

We currently don't support sorting the results from the data source however it's certainly something we are planning for, no timeline yet unfortunately.. 

This would be a great feature.
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
It's now June 2021 - any news on when? It is desperately needed.
Badge +1

Almost September. Is there any word on being able to sort? This is really critical and seems pretty basic as far as features go. We're trying to invent a workaround using PowerApps to re-do a list on the regular in the mean time. 

Badge +4

Any update on this?

Badge +4

Did you have any luck on a work around?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

It's now June 2021 2022 - any news on when? It is desperately needed.