NWC Form Tab Setting to Skip Read-only Field

• 19 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

I have read-only fields that I've created variables & rules to populate the sum of two other related fields.  In preview mode, when I tab through the fields, it also tabs to the read-only fields.  Is there a way to program skipping over those fields when completing the form?

25301i77F4F6BD1C0E818F.png

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @tmfitz 

I don't think you can skip over the read-only fields as those fields are still selectable should you want to copy their values. If you wanted to save one tab keystroke, why not just hide those fields (Visible == No).

You should display those fields during development/testing to verify your variables/rules are correct. Once you are certain your logic is working properly, then you can hide those fields

Badge +4

Thanks @Garrett. Requirement is to show total as the persons is populating so cannot hide it. I thought as much but thought I would ask the community.  We used to be able to do this with InfoPath. I'm going to submit a feature request. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I copied your test: (just to conclude the same)

I defined two variables each holding the total of the fields to the right of them:

Then I replaced the total integer fields with label fields. Each label displaying the variable with the total:

This gives you probably a better result:

Hope this helps.

Badge +4

@WouterT Thanks for this workaround.  It might work if I have time to create HTML to mimic the formatting of the fields.  Will report back if/when I am able to do that.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @tmfitz 

I believe that this is what the brilliant @WouterT suggested. 

You can hide the original field (Visible = No) and use a Label to display the original field value. 

Badge +4

@Garrett Yes, I tried it out and it does work but I would like it to look like a read-only field with border and shading.