NWC - Binding a repeating section to a column and displaying on a Task Form

• 28 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

Is it possible to bind a repeating section to a column and display it on a Task Form in NWC like it is in O365? There's no "Connected to" field like there is in the O365 version. Or is there some workaround?

Exporting the form from the list and importing it to the task doesn't work because the list is O365 and the task is NWC, which I recently learned are different versions and not compatible.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I don't think you can.

Another option is to send an email to task assignee (rather than assign a task action)

with a link to the o365 list item edit form URL

Configure the sharepoint list with nintex forms for o365.

Have the user complete the 'task', make options, etc by updating the list item including some sort of status column.

Have the NWC workflow wait for change on the list item where a field updates to a particular value in that status column.

Badge +6

The problem is, this is a state machine, and the tasks need to look exactly like the main entry form, including repeating sections, and each of the approvers at the five different branches might make changes to the data. If I can't make it work in NWC, I'll just have to use O365 instead.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@AnneC There is no way currently to display repeating section xml directly from a column. If you use a NWC form you can create a html table to display your repeating section(https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-Workflow-Cloud-Forum/Repeating-Section/td-p/207141). If you need to do this in from an o365 form repeating section it is possible but you would first need to parse the repeating section xml so that you can display(https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nwc/Content/Designer/Actions/Query%20XML.htm). The other potential option would be using regular expressions to convert the xml as needed.

Badge +6

Got it. Since it's read-only, I can't use a state machine in NWC. That's a pretty glaring lack, is there any plan to add the functionality any time soon?

Also need a "solved-ish" button here. 🙂