Solved

Loop through SharePoint list to populate a table in Word Document

• 12 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a workflow which queries a Sharepoint list (multiple columns and rows) and generates a document from a word template with the list data appearing in a table.   I can successfully query Sharepoint and loop through the resulting Collection data but can't figure out how to get all that data passed to the Document Generation task to populate a table.  I haven't found anything in help/videos that covers this scenario.    Attached is a picture of the workflow.  The email task is just to help me debug to see if the Loop is iterating through the rows of the list (it is).

Thanks,

Jeff

icon

Best answer by leighburke 13 August 2020, 01:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@jeffs Currently NWC Document Generation doesn't support table/row replication. If you use the Document Generation action in  Nintex Workflow for o365, you will be able to make a table(https://help.nintex.com/en-US/office365/Designer/Actions/DocumentGeneration.htm).

@leighburke  Thanks for the quick response.   That's really unfortunately and stops this POC in it's tracks.  I'll take a look at the o365 capabilities, but I don't think it will be a good fit for this customer.

Thanks again.

Hi ! Are we expecting this feature soon in NWC ? A Customer is evaluating the product and this is one of the primary requirement in their flow. 

Regards, 

Ranjit